Welcome One and All to the home of the Munich Chili Cookoff (and Cookie Contest)
The date for 2020 has not yet been set. As soon as it has been, we’ll let you know!
Then it’ll be time to tickle those taste buds and clean off the dust from that Winning Chili recipe you haven’t used before.
For all Chefs, the rules are easy:
- Create an award winning Chili at home
- Put it in a Metal Pot (one that can be warmed up on a hotplate
- Bring it on the day to The Zar Bar
- Chill with Live Music whilst our hard-working Judges do their thing
- Accept everyone’s praise as you walk off with a well-deserved prize
Vegetarian chilis are always welcome too for their own category or put them up to be judged against the meaty ones (you know who you are!). Cookies are the free-est form category we’ve got, do your best and we’ll try to make sure you don’t have any leftovers to take home. We look forward to seeing you all there!
- Entrance fees go to the Klinik Clowns, a children’s charity. https://www.klinikclowns.de/
- Pay at the door – SPECTATORS : 5 Euros – CHEFS/BAKERS : Free
- There is a VEGETARIAN Chili category.
- The judges ask those who are going for the Hottest Chili prize to please LABEL THEIR POTS specifically so we can save them for last.
- There will be at least three judges and they each need a portion, then after the judging all comers are welcome to sample the chilis. Please make one pot of chili per recipe entered. A recipe meant for 8 servings is a good size.
- No ingredients are banned, no ingredients are mandatory.
- Hotplates are available, please bring your chili already prepared in a metal pot, not Tupperware!
- Creative chili names are highly encouraged!
If anyone wants to help out with logistics, contact Richard Sargent who has been running this event for several years and is grateful for extra hands!
Doors open to accept competitors at 14:00 hrs.
Judging starts at 15:00 hrs sharp.